We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Steammopswork may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Read the full disclosure here
Bachmann 2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Locomotive & Tender — DCC Sound Value Equipped
2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Locomotive & Tender — DCC Sound Value Equipped. PERE MARQUETTE #1225 – HO Scale. This DCC sound-equipped locomotive includes our Sound Value Soundtracks steam package that includes authentic prototypical chuff, short and long whistles, bell, air pump, steam release and blower. Precision motor, die-cast chassis, details and tender style per prototype, brass-machined flywheel, metal handrails and stanchions, LED headlight and tender backup light, die-cast marker lights, see-through under frame, metal wheels and E-Z Mate Mark II couplers.
– Home –
- DCC sound-equipped sound locomotive includes authentic prototypical chuff, short and long whistles, bell, air pump, steam release and blower
- Dual-mode digital command control decoder enabling operation with a standard DC analog power pack or any NMRA-compliant Digital Command Control system
- Performs best on 22″ radius curves or greater
- E-Z Mate Mark II Couplers
- HO Scale 1:87
- This is a great looking loco and sound is very good runs very smooth
- Sound is high-quality and loco detail is incredible.
- The Steam is fantastic
- Makes hobby railroads nice
- Runs good! Recommended for use on 22 curves
- Model has too many wheels and not enough weight to stay on the tracks! and iw will keep falling off tracks
- Some products get damaged when being shipped as they are light weight
DCC sound-equipped sound locomotive includes authentic prototypical chuff, short and long whistles, bell, air pump, steam release and blower. This is surely a nice product to get as it come with amazing features and also less cons which makes this product much better for its buyers. Before buying this product please sure do take your time and read about it as it is in the review and you won’t regret it.
I have used it on 18″ & 22″ radius curves without a problem. It does, however, run smoother on a larger radius but it can easily handle 18″. When using turnouts don’t use the Bachmann E-Z Track remote turnouts. It WILL derail this loco almost everytime. After spending a lot of time troubleshooting this problem without finding a solution I switched to Bachmann # 6 turnouts and they work great! I have not tried # 5 turnouts.
Bachmann Sound Value units sound like the real thing. Adds a nice aspect of realism to layout. Has good/ prototypical pulling power, can pull about 12 heavyweight passenger cars or about 30 freight cars on relatively tight curves. I have been running this Locomotive a few hours each day for about three weeks now. The first two weeks were on standard DC and the 3rd was on DCC. It runs fine on DC and the lights and sounds function automatically but there is no way to run the loco with no sound. When I switched to DCC I was rewarded with 2 more sound effects I had not heard with DC. And of course I had full control of all sound and lighting. I do, however, think the sound effects could sound a little better but they aren’t bad.