We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Steammopswork may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Read the full disclosure here
The durable all-purpose 1600-HP locomotive was first introduced in 1950 and became one of the best and most used workhorses for Boston and Maine Railway, and still sees working time today due to its powerhouse ability and longevity. The Boston and Maine locomotive had the stamina needed for passenger and freight service and the RS-3 still operates short lines, tourist lines and hauls freight on a daily basis.
The Bachmann Industries Alco RS-3 DCC Sound Value Equipped HO Scale #1536 Diesel model is DCC sound equipped that comes with the Sound Value SoundTraxx diesel sound package. It has a prototypical prime mover and 3 air horns, plus bell in 16-bit polyphonic sound for the authentic experience of the legendary locomotive.
The model comes fully loaded with features that will impress any collector of model trains. A few of these features are:
- DCC Sound Value – comes equipped for speed, direction and lighting with 16-bit polyphonic sound.
- The locomotive has all-wheel drive capabilities.
- It is powered with a precision can motor.
- The chassis rides on dual precision balanced flywheels for smooth riding.
- It possesses a very quiet helical cut gear system
- A durable, die-cast chassis painted in Boston and Maine colors – maroon, yellow and black.
- The finest details in metal cut levers and finescale handrails to complete the authentic look.
- The wheels are blackened metal.
- The model comes with prototype specific directional headlights that work.
- Authentic E-Z Mate Mark II couplers for easy train building and breaking down.
- The model also has RP25 wheel contours.
See Details >>
The model operates at maximum efficiency when working with 18″ radius curves or greater on your track set. The model scale is HO 1:87 with a weight of 12 ounces, making it lightweight but durable. The model’s scale does conform to the National Model Railroad Association standards and it comes with Bachmann’s Limited Lifetime Warranty.
The model locomotive can pull up to 27 train cars at a time, but does better on a low grade or flat ground when pulling more cars.
If this is a MUST HAVE product, be sure to order now to avoid disappointment. We have searched for the best prices on this product for you. Click Here and get the Bachmann Industries Alco RS-3 DCC Sound Value Equipped HO Scale #8438 Diesel CP Rail Multimark Locomotive, Red/Black/White Train right now at the lowest price.
Now available Bachmann Industries Alco RS-3 DCC Sound Value Equipped HO Scale #8438 Diesel CP Rail Multimark Locomotive, Red/Black/White with a low price